SRI SATHYA SAI VIDYA VAHINI PROGRAMME – Value Education
Sri Sathya Sai Vidya Vahini is a socio-academic initiative inspired and launched by Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba on 23rd November 2010. With a high level objective of making education Insightful, Inspiring, Enjoyable and Participative, Sri Sathya Sai Vidya Vahini envisions ushering in a seamless and synergistic spirit of volunteerism into the field of education. The Programme encourages teachers from elite schools like the Banyan Tree Schools to work with IT volunteers to create high quality Lesson Plans and Power Point Presentations that are then taken to rural schools for delivery in the classroom.Sri Sathya Sai Vidya Vahini is an open-ended project to harness technology as the key enabler to replicate on a national scale, the success of the model of Integral Education – combining value based education with academic excellence.
The project aims :
- To ignite young minds with insightful and noble ideas thereby widening their horizons.
- To Infuse education with human values.
- To make the process of teaching – learning enjoyable, by building upon and sharing best practices.
- To channelize the capabilities of youth towards self – rewarding service.
Sri Sathya Sai Vidya Vahini program aims at integrating values in an innovative way into the school curriculum through Education in Human Values. The guiding principles of the project are:
- To make ‘Human Value Based Secular Information’ available free to rural children.
- To use technology to facilitate greater percolation of educational initiative.
It makes school education simpler, easier and much more innovative. It motivates the students more, as the curriculum is combined with human values and taught via animations, pictures and multimedia technologies for 6th to 10th standards in the rural and semi-urban schools